Definition of unscreened in English:
1Not subjected to testing or investigation by screening: a transfusion with unscreened blood
More example sentences
- Private commercial blood banks, often offering unscreened blood, are allowed to flourish in both Bangladesh and Pakistan because these countries do not have any national blood policy.
- We used the practice's computerised records to compare age, body mass index, and blood pressure of the screened and unscreened populations.
- In fact, it does not look into the treatment of diabetes, but is an investigation into the diagnosis of diabetes in an unscreened population.
1.1Not filtered or sorted using a screen.
- While passengers on the flight are required to remove their shoes and submit to screening, the crates beneath their feet pass unscreened and uninspected onto the very same flight.
- After screeners in Houston wrote to Congress about the managers who sent unscreened luggage onto planes, their complaints yielded only an investigation by those same managers, screeners said.
- More than 80 bags went unscreened, one screener said.
2(Of a movie or television program) not shown or broadcast: copies of the unscreened episodes
More example sentences
- ITV denied this was the case, claiming that the run had been interrupted to make way for some live events (this was partly true) - and indeed the show did return after three months, but with only two of the four unscreened episodes.
- There must be hundreds of unscreened episodes in the BBC archive.
- THhe BBC last night disclosed a previously unscreened interview with the late weapons expert Dr David Kelly.
3Not provided with or hidden by a screen.
- I lived in a two room plywood-floored apartment often inundated with big hunks of black soot which drifted into the unscreened windows from an absolutely undetectable source.
- They were in the room, coming as they did through the unscreened window, drawn as they were by the available light.
- Windows are unscreened, allowing flies and mosquitoes to come in.
Definition of unscreened in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan