Definition of unscrew in English:
1(With reference to a lid or other object held in place by a spiral thread) unfasten or be unfastened by twisting: [with object]: Will unscrewed the cap from a metal flask [no object]: the spout usually unscrews or lifts off easily
More example sentences
- Usually they just unscrew and then you can put it back on when you want to use it.
- On top is the filling cap, which simply unscrews allowing you to fill up with the supplied bottle, although you will need to go buy some distilled water.
- Build the house so that the top lifts off or unscrews for easy cleaning.
1.1 [with object] Detach, open, or slacken (something) by removing or loosening the screws holding it in place.
- Remove all doors by unscrewing the hinges from the cabinet.
- I quickly unscrewed the bolts and opened the sewage drain.
- On the new vanity, remove all drawers and take off the doors by unscrewing the hinges from the cabinet.
Definition of unscrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan