Definition of unseasoned in English:
1(Of food) not flavored with salt, pepper, or other spices or seasonings.
- This week we are introducing unseasoned potato wedges which contain two-thirds less salt and reduced levels of fat compared to our Curly Fries.
- The dish is unseasoned, the pepperiness supplied by the rocket and the saltiness by the prosciutto.
- The secret of a good burger is to mix it unseasoned as salt makes it weep.
2(Of timber) not treated or matured.
- Chesterfield Council leader Ray Russell said there were three key things on offer to visitors - the famous crooked spire at St Mary's Church, thought to have been caused by unseasoned timbers used in its construction buckling over time.
- Out of 260 offers he was able to accept 160 full size oak trees and then had to convince the Dean and Chapter that it was normal to use unseasoned timber for constructing roofs.
- Certain conditions encourage the buildup of creosote, restricted air supply, unseasoned wood and cooler-than-normal chimney temperatures are all factors that can accelerate the buildup of creosote on chimney flue walls.
2.1(Of a person) inexperienced.
- If Edgerton were an amateur or an unseasoned writer, one might not expect more, but readers should expect far more from an author who holds his academic credentials out for inspection on the book-jacket.
- Was it difficult to coax good performances out of unseasoned kids?
- I'm not referring here to fidgeting uncomfortably while an unseasoned actor lurches turgidly through thousands of rhyming couplets.
Words that rhyme with unseasonedself-governed
Definition of unseasoned in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia