- (Of a boat or ship) not in a good enough condition to sail on the sea.More example sentences
- Redrawing the national border for migration purposes will force desperate asylum seekers to try to sail in unseaworthy boats all the way to the mainland, evading and fleeing from warships along the way.
- One of the overcrowded, unseaworthy boats later ran aground off the coast of Timor and three Iraqi men drowned.
- Why have they chosen to put their lives at risk by travelling in cramped conditions aboard unseaworthy vessels?
- More example sentences
- She was also detained by the United States Coastguard for unseaworthiness.
- To satisfy the definition of unseaworthiness it must exist at the commencement of the voyage.
- That is because the essence of unseaworthiness as a cause of loss or damage is that the unseaworthy ship is unfit to meet the peril.
More definitions of unseaworthyDefinition of unseaworthy in:
- The British & World English dictionary