- 1(Of a loan) made without an asset given as security.More example sentences
- Do not include the payments you are supposed to make on any unsecured credit such as personal loans, overdrafts and credit cards at this stage.
- The loan was unsecured, interest free and has no fixed repayment date, according to the accounts.
- Decrease your debt by starting with the most expensive line of credit you have, which will usually be your credit card, then your overdraft, followed by a personal or unsecured loan.
- 1.1(Of a creditor) having made an unsecured loan.More example sentences
- More than six years after a York travel and hotel company collapsed, unsecured creditors are finally set to get some of their money back.
- He said holders would rank as unsecured creditors in the Company Voluntary Arrangement document which is to be circulated to creditors soon.
- He said there was nearly E60 million owed to 2,400 unsecured creditors of the company.
- 2Not made secure or safe.More example sentences
- As other countries up their security arrangements, they will identify goods as one of two classifications - those they consider secure, and those they consider unsecured.
- I did a lot of surfing the net (thanks to my neighbour's unsecured wireless connection).
- People should be taught to take the right precautions when using an unsecured network.
More definitions of unsecuredDefinition of unsecured in:
- The British & World English dictionary