Definition of unselfconscious in English:
Not suffering from or exhibiting self-consciousness; not shy or embarrassed.
- Nor had she been able to see me dance as a child: unrestricted totally unselfconscious, innocent and devoid of the fear of others’ opinions.
- The non-conceptual, non-theoretically based, expressionist, unselfconscious artists will just have to wait - but they may be waiting a very long time.
- The overall effect of the chalked pattern was a simple design structure, done in a fairly carefree, unselfconscious and expressionistic way.
- Example sentences
- This, however, may have been the result of performing in a play where teenagers can intelligently and unselfconsciously discuss Thomas Hardy, Wilfred Owen, W. H. Auden, and Stevie Smith.
- But the torrent of sex content never feels gratuitous, partly thanks to the actors' uninhibited performances: they indulge themselves so unselfconsciously that we're loath to turn prudish.
- Bravely and unselfconsciously, this generous actress looks middle-aged, yet with that gangly tomboyish essence that allows her to play young without resorting to cosmetic artifice or girly-girl coyness.
- Example sentences
- The Pillow Book, Peter Greenaway's film about Japanese calligraphy, established McGregor's unselfconsciousness when it came to taking off his clothes.
- The complete unselfconsciousness and lack of pretentiousness in her work appears to stem from the artist herself and the down-to-earth quality that resonates from her.
- It is a ghost story, a tragedy, a policier and a drawing room comedy: a captivating story performed with childlike unselfconsciousness.
Definition of unselfconscious in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan