Definition of unsmoked in English:
1(Of meat or fish) not cured by exposure to smoke: smoked and unsmoked bacon
More example sentences
- The Cowries also run a fish filleting factory, and family contacts in Scrabster mean they sell a large range of fresh, unsmoked fish - from haddock and halibut to monkfish, mackerel and plaice.
- The principal ingredient is always minced meat, usually beef, cooked with chicken livers, unsmoked bacon, onion, celery, tomato purée, and wine.
- I started this post to comment on the fact that I had just had pork sausages and unsmoked bacon for breakfast, whereas a week ago in Australia I had beef sausages and smoked bacon.
2(Of tobacco or a cigarette) not having been smoked.
- Actually she ran, as best she could with a fifteen-pound bookbag, tossing her unsmoked cigarette on the ground as she went.
- A subsequent search of the vehicle uncovered an unsmoked marijuana cigarette, the spokesman said, adding that Garfunkel, 63, had been ordered to appear in court on Sept. 22.
- Ramsey figured she'd leave about 30 cigarettes unsmoked between midnight and midnight, which was what she had committed herself to.
Words that rhyme with unsmokedunprovoked
Definition of unsmoked in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India