Definition of unsmoked in English:
1(Of meat or fish) not cured by exposure to smoke: smoked and unsmoked bacon
More example sentences
- The Cowries also run a fish filleting factory, and family contacts in Scrabster mean they sell a large range of fresh, unsmoked fish - from haddock and halibut to monkfish, mackerel and plaice.
- The principal ingredient is always minced meat, usually beef, cooked with chicken livers, unsmoked bacon, onion, celery, tomato purée, and wine.
- I started this post to comment on the fact that I had just had pork sausages and unsmoked bacon for breakfast, whereas a week ago in Australia I had beef sausages and smoked bacon.
2(Of tobacco or a cigarette) not having been smoked.
- Actually she ran, as best she could with a fifteen-pound bookbag, tossing her unsmoked cigarette on the ground as she went.
- A subsequent search of the vehicle uncovered an unsmoked marijuana cigarette, the spokesman said, adding that Garfunkel, 63, had been ordered to appear in court on Sept. 22.
- Ramsey figured she'd leave about 30 cigarettes unsmoked between midnight and midnight, which was what she had committed herself to.
Words that rhyme with unsmokedunprovoked
Definition of unsmoked in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.