- 1Unwind from or as if from a spool.More example sentences
- Much as it pained him, he and a Times staff assistant shredded his notebooks and file folders, unspooled all of his tapes, filled two tall trash cans with the material, and burned it.
- You remember when cassette tapes were all the rage, and occasionally they'd go haywire in your stereo and all the tape would twist up and unspool and pull out of the plastic casing?
- And they won't get unspooled in the machine and jam it up.
- 1.1(Of a film) be screened.More example sentences
- My challenge is to try and guess who directed which scenes as the whole mess unspools on my TV.
- They're quite eager to claim the movie as an example of Mr. Southern's brilliance, but as the documentary unspools it becomes apparent that Sellers made up most of his dialogue.
- In the business, it's called rolling news - live footage of a breaking story that unspools before our very eyes.
- 1.2 [with object] Show (a film).More example sentences
- Since '67, the Parallèle has unspooled hundreds of thousands of reels of alternative celluloid.
- The directors unspool an awesome collection of vintage propaganda, from footage of the massive performance The East Is Red to placards and radio speeches.
More definitions of unspoolDefinition of unspool in:
- The British & World English dictionary