Definition of unsurprising in English:
Not unexpected and so not causing surprise: the outcome of this somber film is unsurprising
More example sentences
- The least surprising thing about the Emmy Awards this year was how unsurprising they were.
- The Guardian, I understand, has expressed a totally unsurprising interest.
- In a way, this is unsurprising, because it occupied a prime piece of Notting Hill real estate, which was frankly wasted on children.
- [sentence adverb]: unsurprisingly, recession is the theme of most reportsMore example sentences
- Equally unsurprisingly, he also concludes that the case for reducing income taxes is compelling.
- At the time, the family was, unsurprisingly, said to be devastated.
- The Labour party is, unsurprisingly, extremely cross about all this.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia