1Not known or thought to exist or be present; not imagined possible: the actor displays an unsuspected talent for comedy
More example sentences
- By such an approach we may not only move astrology forward, but astrology may become a means of leading human thought along new paths, by disclosing interrelationships which are at present unsuspected.
- What he suggested in 1859 was that several previously unsuspected small planets existed, orbiting closer to the Sun than Mercury.
- An exciting new development has emerged in this project, and it serves to establish that those dusty geniuses of early times had other, hitherto unsuspected, talents and insights.
1.1(Of a person) not regarded with suspicion.
- She worked at a bank and they paid quite well, and everything was going wonderfully until two unsuspected people pulled a gun while she was at the counter.
- On a grimmer note, a previously unsuspected enemy - the Soviet Union, now bent on spreading communism worldwide - replaced the foes that had just been vanquished on the battlefield.
- It was a perfect day for travelers who were in need of supplies, myself included; but also, it was a perfect day for thieves and bandits to snatch goods and money from unsuspected victims.
- Example sentences
- These criminals are turning to redirecting domain names so that users will unsuspectedly log onto illegitimate sites under hacker control.
- To illustrate a concept of subscribing to a car and capturing its personality, the Toyota Aygo unsuspectedly unfolds through a mail slot.
- Sometimes people use, maybe unsuspectedly, but certainly earnestly, figures of speech and thoughts pilfered from foreign languages, praising these in a funny way or even in the wrong context.
Words that rhyme with unsuspectedaspected, disaffected, disconnected, invected, unaffected, uncollected, unconnected, uncorrected, undetected, undirected, unelected, unexpected, uninflected, unprotected, unselected
Definition of unsuspected in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.