Definition of untempered in English:
1Not moderated or lessened by anything: the products of a technological mastery untempered by political imagination
More example sentences
- Premium cable - that is, unsponsored channels you pay for separately - doesn't have those constraints and is free to show us conflicts untempered by political correctness.
- While it's true that Western society rests on a solid Judeo-Christian foundation, the ground floor of our edifice is filled with goodies like skepticism, science, rational thought and humanism untempered by the supernatural.
- It was prudent of Ricks to set himself constraints: the book isn't short as it is; the combination of Dylan's creative and Ricks's critical fecundity could, untempered and unchecked, proliferate indefinitely.
1.1(Of a material) not brought to the proper hardness or consistency.
- A second effect that should be noted is the variation of transition temperature with tensile strength in the untempered alloys.
- The caramel is best at room temperature, but untempered milk chocolate has a tendency to get soft and sticky at room temperature.
Definition of untempered in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India