(Of an idea, product, or person) not subjected to examination, experiment, or experience; unproven: analyses based on dubious and untested assumptions
More example sentences
- Now, we are trying to experiment with untested ideas on a people who have come to neither trust or like us.
- With a couple of exceptions it's an untried and untested team that takes the court against Chester at the Northgate Arena.
- But they are also unpredictable in the sense that they are completely untested at international level.
- More example sentences
- For what the pro-smacking lobby is really advocating, as the law stands now, is a virtually untestable threshold of ‘reasonable’ force when disciplining children.
- As a clear example of an untestable, unscientific, hypothesis that is perfectly consistent with empirical observations, consider solipsism.
- Evolutionary biology, he demonstrates, is a special case since many of its theories are untestable: hence the theorists are allowed ample freedom of imagination.
More definitions of untestedDefinition of untested in:
- The British & World English dictionary