Definition of unthinking in English:
Expressed, done, or acting without proper consideration of the consequences: she was at pains to correct unthinking prejudices
More example sentences
- Whether you agree with him or not, his motives for acting are clearly not unthinking loyalty to the US or sycophancy to a superpower.
- There would have been much to astonish a young Ligurian at that time, many opportunities for outrage, defensive bigotry or unthinking prejudice.
- When it comes to blind and unthinking prejudice masquerading as nationalism you can always rely on the lunar right to see eye to eye with the loopy left.
- Example sentences
- Controlled and coerced by authority and media, the individual either accepts the message blindly and unthinkingly, or reacts creatively and critically because he understands dominance.
- You're so happy with the friendly and attentive service you've received that you unthinkingly tip 20%, or more, and search for the eye of your waiter and exchange with them a hearty goodbye.
- A particularly good chapter on Asia rebukes anyone who unthinkingly assigns to China the role once played by the Soviet Union as the natural antagonist of the U.S.
- Example sentences
- Please put it down to momentary unthinkingness.
- In this unthinkingness, in this damned egoistic impressionism, lurks a sinister bureaucracy of thought suppressing all healthy, deviant impulses - namely, congruency between image and sound.
- But there is an art to this, and it is the antithesis of the unthinkingness that propagates the clichés in the first place.
Words that rhyme with unthinkingfreethinking, shrinking, sinking, unblinking, unwinking
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan