Definition of untranslated in English:
1(Of words or text) not having their sense expressed in another language: a nine-volume work, as yet untranslated from the Icelandic
More example sentences
- Between three and seven untranslated excerpts from contemporary texts, however, accompany each chapter.
- Each segment of the show is also introduced with a title screen sporting a colorful background and unreadable, untranslated text.
- In this book, the number of untranslated words is small, and in each case I think the clear context in which they are used will help the reader understand them.
1.1(Of a sequence of nucleotides in messenger RNA) not converted to the amino acid sequence of a protein or polypeptide during synthesis.
- For Zpr1 and the RING finger gene, protein coding sequence is shaded dark gray, and untranslated sequence is shaded light gray.
- The building block cost for mRNA includes the nucleotides for an untranslated region and a polyA tail with empirically observed lengths.
- However, because the untranslated sequences of the importin 1 and 2 transgenes differ by only 7 nucleotides, it is unlikely that they are differentially translated.
Definition of untranslated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan