(British also untravelled)
Definition of untraveled in English:
1(Of a person) not having traveled much.
- This construction of a new world order comes from a naïive and untraveled President, emboldened in his ignorance by advisors who have been plotting an aggressive Pax Americana ever since the Soviet bloc's collapse.
- To be honest, it's left me feeling a little second-rate, a little less than cosmopolitan, a little untravelled and - even though I hate to admit it - dull.
- A native untravelled Scot would rather be right then rich, whereas many of the best leaders can be both.
1.1(Of a road or region) not journeyed along or through: an unknown and untraveled wilderness
More example sentences
- However, while the untraveled road remains shrouded in mystery in the real world, movies like The Family Man enjoy parting the fog and giving their characters a glimpse of what they have missed.
- When in Angola, do not enter the forest, or the fields, or walk by the side of the roads, or walk along the many roads that have been untraveled for years.
- As the sun began to set we drove home along lanes as yet untravelled by myself, little places I have always meant to go but in the day to day of life have never yet managed.
Definition of untraveled in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan