- 1Remove a veil or covering from, especially uncover (a new monument or work of art) as part of a public ceremony: the mayor unveiled a plaque (as noun unveiling) the unveiling of the memorialMore example sentences
- While I was there, a street party was held to unveil a work of public art.
- The veterans will lay a wreath at 2pm in memory of their fallen comrades and unveil a new memorial plaque.
- In April next year, he unveils this new work in a major exhibition at the McLaurin Gallery in Ayr.
- 1.1Show or announce publicly for the first time: the manufacturer unveiled plans for expanding into aviationMore example sentences
- The plans were unveiled at a presentation before community representatives and interested groups.
- A raft of new taxes could be brought in under plans unveiled by council chiefs.
- Dixons has unveiled ambitious plans to expand its electrical retail operation on the Continent.