the (great) unwashed
- derogatory The mass or multitude of ordinary people.More example sentences
- Others were putting up a mediocre fight against the unwashed.
- The local landed gentry, when not herding the unwashed through their country piles, go up to town: and that means a trip to their London club, not a Spurriergate shopping spree.
- The Samoans are considered by many of the earlier arrivers to Hawaii to be the unwashed, much like the caste system in India.
Definition of unwashed in:
- The British & World English dictionary