Not having been washed.
- At your campsite, never leave dirty dishes unwashed, lying unprotected.
- Therefore, attached to stem B was one washed line and one unwashed line.
- They should be stored in the refrigerator, unwashed, but thoroughly washed before consuming.
the (great) unwashed
- derogatory The mass or multitude of ordinary people.Example sentences
- Others were putting up a mediocre fight against the unwashed.
- The local landed gentry, when not herding the unwashed through their country piles, go up to town: and that means a trip to their London club, not a Spurriergate shopping spree.
- The Samoans are considered by many of the earlier arrivers to Hawaii to be the unwashed, much like the caste system in India.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unwashed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.