Definition of unwashed in English:
the (great) unwashed
- derogatory The mass or multitude of ordinary people.Example sentences
- Others were putting up a mediocre fight against the unwashed.
- The local landed gentry, when not herding the unwashed through their country piles, go up to town: and that means a trip to their London club, not a Spurriergate shopping spree.
- The Samoans are considered by many of the earlier arrivers to Hawaii to be the unwashed, much like the caste system in India.
Words that rhyme with unwashedundistinguished
Definition of unwashed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia