Definition of unworn in English:
1Not damaged or shabby-looking as a result of much use: the tires appear unworn, even after many fast miles unworn carpeting
More example sentences
- The car looked immaculate and the interior was clean and unworn, which could mean the mileage was accurate, although the digits on the speedo didn't quite line up - a telltale sign that the mileometer might have been tampered with.
- The feel of the worn part of the mat is quite different to the unused and unworn section on the bottom left part of the pad.
- ‘Clean interiors, seats and unworn pedal pads speak a lot about the car's overall condition,’ he added.
1.1(Of a garment) never worn.
- Sara fell into step beside him, finally realizing that she clenched and unclenched her still unworn gloves in her hand.
- In addition to the shirts worn by men and women, one unworn shirt was included in the sample.
- Human nakedness was given no added nobility, but unworn noble garments did command separate admiration.
Definition of unworn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan