- An upward current or draft of air.More example sentences
- In fact, some of the energy that helps create strong updrafts in land thunderstorms goes into creating a hurricane's 74 mph or stronger winds blowing along the ocean and ground.
- ‘Hailstorms usually happen in spring and summer afternoons when updrafts and downdrafts interact strongly,’ You said.
- Condors hunt prey mostly by sight, soaring on thermal updrafts and wind currents until they spot a potential meal.
More definitions of updraftDefinition of updraft in:
- The British & World English dictionary