- 1Provide (furniture) with a soft, padded covering: the chairs were upholstered in red velvet (as adjective upholstered) an upholstered stoolMore example sentences
- Consider replacing upholstered sofas and chairs with furniture made of leather, wood, metal or plastic.
- Fitted carpets, heavy drapes, upholstered furniture - even soft toys - promote dust accumulation and the breeding of dust mites.
- Gold's company makes and sells high-end casual upholstered furniture, especially chairs and sofas, as well as cushions.
- 1.1Cover the walls or furniture in (a room) with textiles.More example sentences
- Only in 1950s movies are the rooms lavishly painted and upholstered, spacious and crammed with flowers.
- In the meantime he peered into the inside of the carriage, which was upholstered in blue fabric, with silk fringes and trimmings.
- The floor is highly polished north Queensland hardwood, the lounges are beautifully upholstered in pastels and the walls support vibrant silks prints of the reef and rainforest by Sydney artist Lyndie Malan.
mid 19th century: back-formation from upholsterer.
More definitions of upholsterDefinition of upholster in:
- The British & World English dictionary