Definition of uplink in English:
A communications link to a satellite.
- The camp allows broadcast news crews to experiment with improved communications gear and satellite uplinks.
- The prospect of war means satellite uplinks, mobile phones, and global positioning systems are primed to bring you live vision of a place where telephones are rare.
- He also worked part-time at a satellite uplink station.
verb[with object] Back to top
Provide (someone) with or send (something) by satellite link: I can uplink fax transmissions to a satellite
More example sentences
- So the TV station ran a special segment every night with Olympics highlights and stories from the reporter Bill Ward, who uplinked video reports and commentary almost every day, sometimes twice a day.
- Even before he was uplinking satellites in Kosovo, Meyer was a resourceful guy.
- At the festival this year, I helped build a satellite uplinked version of this network, with capacity and range for 30,000 people, and it was up and running in only a few days.
Definition of uplink in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.