- An increase in strength or quantity; an upward trend: cigar smoking has been on the upswingMore example sentences
- The study also found that these upswings in hurricane strength correlate with a rise in sea-surface temperatures.
- There was a slowing down in growth as the reproductive organs developed and a marked upswing in growth after flowering.
- The next five years will involve an intense upswing - perhaps more intense than anything we've seen in our lifetimes.
More definitions of upswingDefinition of upswing in:
- The British & World English dictionary