- The branch of astronomy concerned with describing and mapping the heavens.More example sentences
- Their works covered the range of cosmography, uranography, hydrography, chorogreaphy and topography.
- The Romans derived a considerable portion of their star lore and uranography from the Greeks.
- On further search this juxtaposition seems to be the result of the usual confusion between uranography and geography.
- More example sentences
- Wil Tirion is the world's leading uranographer, and his charts have appeared in astronomy books all over the globe.
- This collection of telescopic photos and illustrations by uranographer Wil Tirion and lunar cartographer Antonin Rukl covers all the objects visible in the northern and southern skies.
- The stars of this constellation were however assigned to the Pheonix by the 16th century Barvarian uranographer Johann Bayer.
More definitions of uranographyDefinition of uranography in:
- The British & World English dictionary