(also chiefly British urban myth)
- A humorous or horrific story or piece of information circulated as though true, especially one purporting to involve someone vaguely related or known to the teller.More example sentences
- Starting with a friend's e-mail claiming a renowned urban legend as a true story about a mate, Manford reveals the truth about countless childhood horror stories.
- A more obvious type of myth is that of urban legends, improbable stories of events happening to unknown people on an unspecified date.
- We are not talking about armour here, we are talking about email chains that get circulated, some of which become urban myths and some becomes information and news to others.
More definitions of urban legendDefinition of urban legend in:
- The British & World English dictionary