Definition of urbanism in English:
1The lifestyle of city dwellers.
- Today's new baseball stadiums offer a lesson in smart urbanism.
- Some families see themselves as having an affinity for this kind of treatment due to their modernism and urbanism.
- Far from being a designer frill, the courtyard is an essential element in the life of the homes immediately surrounding the space and a ‘building block’ of coherent urbanism for an entire urban district.
- Le Corbusier claimed this would provide the ‘three essential joys of urbanism: sun, space, and greenery.’
- Its discussions of space and place are relevant for anyone interested in motion, space, urbanism, culture, and virtual reality.
- The website, with sections about urbanism, transportation, manufacturing, energy and materials, is certainly impressive.
Definition of urbanism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan