- A colorless crystalline compound that is the main nitrogenous breakdown product of protein metabolism in mammals and is excreted in urine.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CO(NH2)2
- The waste products of protein metabolism are urea and to a lesser extent uric acid and creatinine.
- The chief constituent of the nitrogenous wastes in urine is urea, a product of protein decomposition.
- This enzyme breaks down any urea in the stomach to ammonia and carbon dioxide
early 19th century: modern Latin, from French urée, from Greek ouron 'urine'.
More definitions of ureaDefinition of urea in:
- The British & World English dictionary