Definition of uremia in English:
A raised level in the blood of urea and other nitrogenous waste compounds that are normally eliminated by the kidneys.
- Did he have diabetes, ascites, uraemia, anasarca, or heart failure?
- If the kidneys fail, one of the first signs is the accumulation of urea and other nitrogenous waste in the blood - uraemia.
- Additional cardiac risk factors specific to chronic kidney disease include volume overload, hyperparathyroidism, and uremia.
- Example sentences
- These organisms have also been found to be involved in wound infections, haemolytic uremic syndrome, meningitis, peritonitis, respiratory tract infections and ocular infections.
- Food poisoning can lead to Guillain-Barre Syndrome, reactive arthritis, or hemolytic uremic syndrome - diseases that can leave their victims with chronic pain, paralysis, and kidney damage.
- In children, especially, this E. coli variant can cause diarrhea, hemorrhagic colitis, and hemolytic uremic syndrome.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan