Definition of ureter in English:
nounAnatomy & Zoology
The duct by which urine passes from the kidney to the bladder or cloaca.
- Your urinary system is composed of your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra.
- The kidneys and urinary tract (which includes the ureters, bladder, urethra, and the kidneys) filter and eliminate these waste substances from our blood.
- They occur when the kidneys, ureters, bladder, or urethra become infected.
- Example sentences
- The colon is the usual gastrointestinal source of pain in these regions but pain of ureteral, renal, adnexal, and rarely gastric origins may be felt there as well.
- This helps the surgeon identify the ureteral orifices during bladder dissection and urethral bladder reanastomosis.
- Other landmarks used to guide resection are the right and left ureteral orifices and the bladder neck.
- Example sentences
- Urinary tract damage, in particular ureteric injury, remains the major concern in relation to the laparoscopic approach.
- The use of laser for the disruption of ureteric stones is also being used.
- After ureteric stenting the urinary catheter bag turned purple but the nephrostomy bag remained clear.
Late 16th century: from French uretère or modern Latin ureter, from Greek ourētēr, from ourein 'urinate'.
Words that rhyme with ureterAkita, Anita, arboreta, beater, beta, Bhagavadgita, cheater, cheetah, Demeter, Dieter, dolce vita, eater, eta, Evita, excreta, fetor, granita, greeter, heater, Juanita, litre (US liter), Lolita, maltreater, margarita, meter, metre, Peta, praetor (US pretor), repeater, Rita, saltpetre (US saltpeter), secretor, Senhorita, señorita, Sita, skeeter, teeter, terra incognita, theta, treater, tweeter, veleta, zeta
Definition of ureter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.