- 1Importance requiring swift action: the discovery of the ozone hole gave urgency to the issue of CFCsMore example sentences
- Reform of the social model is therefore a matter of urgency.
- Now, moreover, with the nation in an economic downturn, is not the time to assert the urgency of passing referendum legislation.
- Yet, the dispersion of education only underscores with renewed urgency the significance of formal spheres of learning.
- 2An earnest and persistent quality; insistence: Emilia heard the urgency in his voiceMore example sentences
- The rhythmic urgency of the second movement Allegro was striking.
- At that very moment, Richard appeared in the open doorway, a look of urgency in his eyes.
- "We have to find a way to bring our people closer together, to show more patience and understanding," Ramon told me with urgency in his voice.