Definition of urial in English:
noun (plural same)
A wild sheep with long legs and relatively small horns, native to central Asia.
- Ovis vignei, family Bovidae
- It was expected that competition for food and habitat would result in the urial suffering on both counts.
- This urial, the most beautiful of the Urial sheep, is represented in a great number in Turkmenistan.
- The locations of both urial and livestock were plotted on a map of the area.
Mid 19th century: from Punjabi ūrīal.
Definition of urial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan