A marine invertebrate of the group Urochordata, which comprises the tunicates.
- Chordates are divided into urochordates, cephalochordates, and vertebrates.
- For instance, adult urochordates are typically sessile, while many vertebrates are quite active.
- Their report that urochordates are comprised of 4 discrete lineages holds interesting implications for understanding the evolution of tadpole morphology and chordate life history.
Relating to or denoting urochordates.
- This suggests that the disruption observed is specific to the urochordate lineage.
- These data further support the hypothesis that duplication and differentiation giving rise to cardiac and skeletal genes occurred following divergence of the urochordate and vertebrate ancestors.
- The phylogenic analysis implies that the multiple actinin isoforms found in modern vertebrates arose after the divergence of the vertebrate and urochordate lineages.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of urochordate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.