Definition of urodynamics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular] Medicine
The diagnostic study of pressure in the bladder, in treating incontinence.
- A routine preoperative evaluation, including urodynamics, was performed before the procedure.
- Patients with obstructed outflow were diagnosed either with urodynamics or clinically in the presence of a low urinary flow together with an incompletely emptying bladder in accordance with standard urological practice.
- In ambulatory urodynamics, the urinary system is monitored with the person walking around, with catheters connected to a portable computer.
- Example sentences
- The loss of small amounts of urine in spurts during coughing and in the absence of urge strongly suggests a diagnosis of urodynamic stress incontinence.
- Cystometric and urodynamic studies confirm the diagnosis.
- The conservative and surgical treatments will depend on the patient's preference, condition, and urodynamic diagnosis.
Definition of urodynamics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan