Definition of urodynamics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular] Medicine
The diagnostic study of pressure in the bladder, in treating incontinence.
- A routine preoperative evaluation, including urodynamics, was performed before the procedure.
- Patients with obstructed outflow were diagnosed either with urodynamics or clinically in the presence of a low urinary flow together with an incompletely emptying bladder in accordance with standard urological practice.
- In ambulatory urodynamics, the urinary system is monitored with the person walking around, with catheters connected to a portable computer.
- urodynamic adjective
- Example sentences
- The loss of small amounts of urine in spurts during coughing and in the absence of urge strongly suggests a diagnosis of urodynamic stress incontinence.
- Cystometric and urodynamic studies confirm the diagnosis.
- The conservative and surgical treatments will depend on the patient's preference, condition, and urodynamic diagnosis.
Definition of urodynamics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.