- An imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect. The word was first used in the book Utopia (1516) by Sir Thomas More. The opposite of dystopia.More example sentences
- "Brooklyn's a place that has taken on an identity as this sort of creative utopia," Butler said.
- People seem to regard Fire Island as a utopia, and it's not hard to discern why.
- The social utopia you crave is an anathema to a majority.
based on Greek ou 'not' + topos 'place'.
More definitions of utopiaDefinition of utopia in:
- The British & World English dictionary