Modeled on or aiming for a state in which everything is perfect; idealistic.
- The exhibition features detailed but unrealised designs for futuristic new ways of living and utopian ideals of the perfect living space.
- These books are an indictment of uncompromising, fanatical, and utopian ideology.
- Their concern is that utopian aspirations towards a new peaceful world order will simply absolutize conflicts and make them more intractable.
An idealistic reformer.
- The idea of a classical republic inspired a tradition of thought which, overtaken by the new politics of reason of state in early modern times, was preserved largely in the writings of philosophers, utopians, and pamphleteers.
- Throughout the twentieth century, radicals, revolutionaries, feminists, utopians and unionists competed for their hearts and minds to lead the people's procession.
- Were they courageous visionaries, or romantic utopians?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.