Definition of vacuity in English:
1Lack of thought or intelligence; empty-headedness: full of excitement, I listened to my first student sermon - only to be taken aback by its vacuity
More example sentences
- We weren't going to hear praise of our excesses, our shallowness, our engulfing vacuity.
- His reply was non-committal to the point of vacuity.
- The biggest display ads of the season could not disguise the vacuity of the event.
2Empty space; emptiness.
- The opening of the infraorbital canal is sunk into a vacuity that penetrates the rostrum.
- Only the anterior and posterior ends of the anterior interpterygoid vacuity are preserved in the Herschel specimen.
- Neither specimen shows evidence of an incisive foramen or other vacuity in the parts of the palatal process that are preserved.
Words that rhyme with vacuityacuity, ambiguity, annuity, assiduity, congruity, contiguity, continuity, exiguity, fatuity, fortuity, gratuity, ingenuity, perpetuity, perspicuity, promiscuity, suety, superfluity, tenuity
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan