Definition of vacuum cleaner in English:
An electrical apparatus that by means of suction collects dust and small particles from floors and other surfaces.
- We had no electricity to run a vacuum cleaner and no water.
- These conditions are so debilitating that she has no energy to dust or use a vacuum cleaner.
- Make sure you remove all the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner and a tack cloth.
- Example sentences
- It joins lawn-mowing and vacuum-cleaning robots in the growing array of expensive machines designed to take the drudgery out of housework.
- Similarly, eggs will survive on an area of carpet - say under a cupboard - that is vacuum-cleaned less often.
- Raising the print bed, you remove the ‘part’ and vacuum-clean out the excess powder, which can be sifted and reused.
Definition of vacuum cleaner in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan