- A cup-shaped appliance for performing vacuum extraction in childbirth. Also called ventouse.More example sentences
- When such problems occur during the second stage of labour, birth can be hastened by application of obstetric forceps or the vacuum extractor.
- Women who use epidurals are more likely to need a vacuum extractor or forceps put on their baby's head to help pull the baby out of their body.
- In the United States, the forceps has been preferred, although the vacuum extractor is becoming increasingly popular.
More definitions of vacuum extractorDefinition of vacuum extractor in:
- The British & World English dictionary