Definition of valeric acid in English:
Another term for pentanoic acid.
- The products were analyzed for their total valeric acid content to determine if they possessed the type and amount of valerian stated on the label.
- Independent testing laboratories generally use valeric acid content as a marker for pharmacologic activity and represent one source for reliable information to support product choice.
- The proportions of isobutyric and valeric acid tended to increase when zinc was added to the diet.
- Example sentences
- Lambs fed the soybean hull diet had lower proportions of valerate than lambs fed the corn diets.
- Children in the potent arm used 0.1% betamethasone valerate twice daily for three consecutive days, followed by a base emollient only for four days.
- The 174 children in the study were randomly assigned to treatment with 1 percent hydrocortisone ointment twice daily for seven days or 0.1 percent betamethasone valerate twice daily for three days.
Definition of valeric acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan