Definition of valor in English:
Great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle: the medals are awarded for acts of valor
More example sentences
- This was truly an inspiring example of Indigenous courage, valor, honor, gallantry and self-sacrifice.
- He displayed great valour, courage and determination in the pursuit of his goal.
- He served with honor and distinction in Vietnam, earning several medals for his courage and valor.
- Example sentences
- The principal storyline relates the tale of a supposedly heroic revolutionary general whose valorous military record has contributed greatly to the family's prestige.
- One risks lives to retrieve the dead bodies of one's valorous mates.
- As a nation, are we strong enough to accept valorous defeat over an inhumane victory?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.