1An estimation of something’s worth, especially one carried out by a professional appraiser: it is wise to obtain an independent valuation
More example sentences
- In both cases the purchaser paid a fee to the mortgagee for the purpose of having a valuation of the property carried out.
- The valuation was carried out by the Scottish Executive civil servants earlier this year.
- She has not provided the Court with any independent valuations.
1.1The monetary worth of something, especially as estimated by an appraiser.
- That could result in a glut of companies on the market, driving down valuations and giving new leverage to buyers.
- He said many firms had deferred fund-raising this year in the hope that market conditions and valuations would improve.
- Over time, this brand value supports and enhances the companies' corporate valuations.
- Example sentences
- This decline in profits, of course, directly affects the way the market valuates stocks.
- In order to understand why interventions occur, we must first establish how currencies are valuated.
- For an average homeowner, the only thing that probably changes would be the way his council would valuate his property.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.