- A piece of armor for the arm, especially the forearm.More example sentences
- He shrugged his shoulders, trying to get comfortable in his suit of chainmail, but his vambraces were making his forearm feel heavy.
- He was now clad in only his cotton tunic and trousers with the leather vambraces remaining on his forearms, his riding boots and a belt around his lean waist.
- The vambrace features a rolled edge and carries the same design as the proceeding plates.
Middle English: from an Anglo-Norman French shortening of Old French avantbras, from avant 'before' + bras 'arm'. Compare with vamplate.
More definitions of vambraceDefinition of vambrace in:
- The British & World English dictionary