Definition of vandalism in English:
Action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property.
- He called on the public to report any instances of criminal damage or vandalism.
- Reports of criminal damage and persistent vandalism were also relayed to councillors.
- This is just mindless damage and vandalism, which will hit us hard in the pocket.
- Example sentences
- So far, the general opinion seems to be that a small group of people were involved in a vandalistic prank, rather than a conspiracy to extort or steal money.
- Police investigating a weekend vandalistic attack on an unoccupied advance factory have described the incident as one of the most outrageous and disgusting they have ever encountered.
- Full marks to Waterford County Council for acting with such haste in having the place boarded up to prevent further vandalistic assaults on the building.
Definition of vandalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan