Definition of vanishing point in English:
1The point at which receding parallel lines viewed in perspective appear to converge.
- Would you stand there and plot the many vanishing points and diminishing lines, or would you draw what you see?
- Two other paintings also display contradictory geometries and inaccurate vanishing points and distance points.
- Fragmented planes appear to glide toward a central vanishing point.
2 [in singular] The point at which something that has been growing smaller or increasingly faint disappears altogether: custody fees have dropped close to the vanishing point
More example sentences
- This year we're getting close to the vanishing point.
- These very different formats interestingly end up meeting at the same vanishing point: silence.
Definition of vanishing point in:
- British & World English dictionary