Definition of vanishing point in English:
1The point at which receding parallel lines viewed in perspective appear to converge.
- Would you stand there and plot the many vanishing points and diminishing lines, or would you draw what you see?
- Two other paintings also display contradictory geometries and inaccurate vanishing points and distance points.
- Fragmented planes appear to glide toward a central vanishing point.
2 [in singular] The point at which something that has been growing smaller or increasingly faint disappears altogether: custody fees have dropped close to the vanishing point
More example sentences
- This year we're getting close to the vanishing point.
- These very different formats interestingly end up meeting at the same vanishing point: silence.
Definition of vanishing point in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan