- In such a manner or to such a degree as almost to become invisible, nonexistent, or negligible: an event of vanishingly small probabilityMore example sentences
- From nearly 3% in 2000, his share of the national vote evaporated this year to a third of a percentage point, a political presence so vanishingly small that the Democrats are not even bothering this time to blame him for their loss.
- He concluded that the chances the documents were written in 1972 are ‘so vanishingly small as to be indistinguishable from zero.’
- Nuclear power produces abundant power from small amounts of material, at small external costs, even when one accounts for the vanishingly small probability of accidents and the cost of waste disposal.
More definitions of vanishinglyDefinition of vanishingly in:
- The British & World English dictionary