- A person who studies variations in usage among different speakers of the same language.More example sentences
- A problem for variationist research lies in identifying what ‘counts’ as syntactic variation.
- Horvath is a variationist sociolinguist whose work on Australian English is internationally recognized for its comprehensiveness and methodological acuity.
- Language variationists study how languages vary along geographical or social lines or along lines of age and gender.
More definitions of variationistDefinition of variationist in:
- The British & World English dictionary