Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of varifocal in English:
Denoting a lens that allows an infinite number of focusing distances for near, intermediate, and far vision.
- Alternatively, some people use varifocal or bifocal lenses in order to see objects clearly that are both close up and far away.
- Problems were experienced by people who wore spectacles, particularly varifocal or bifocal lenses.
- As if it's not bad enough that I have eyesight that requires varifocal lenses, now even those need replacing.
noun(varifocals) Back to top
- So now I make sure I have the lot: varifocals, reading glasses, prescription sunglasses, contact lenses, plain sunglasses for over the contacts, and reading glasses for over the contacts!
- The optometrist saved me a bundle of cash and a great disappointment by telling me of a problem with varifocals I'd not heard of before.
- I'm going to need varifocals this time so, to avoid a shock on the day, I asked the price.
Words that rhyme with varifocalbifocal, focal, local, univocal, vocal, yokel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.