- A semiconductor diode with resistance dependent on the applied voltage.More example sentences
- The range is built by optimising combinations of various styles of inductors with the appropriate capacitors, varistors and other components to give a comprehensive range of suppression levels.
- The varistor and the surge absorber protect electronic circuits from switching surge and static electricity.
- Otherwise, the damaged varistor material adversely affects the leakage current characteristics of the varistor chips.
1930s: contraction of varying resistor.
More definitions of varistorDefinition of varistor in:
- The British & World English dictionary