- A common form of dementia caused by an impaired supply of blood to the brain, such as may be caused by a series of small strokes: my mother had a history of wandering off and had been diagnosed with vascular dementiaMore example sentences
- The management of vascular dementia consists of controlling risk factors such as hypertension and smoking.
- Much of the evidence derives from small retrospective studies of uncertain reliability, many of which excluded vascular dementia.
- However, some forms of vascular dementia progress slowly, making them difficult to distinguish from Alzheimer's disease.
More definitions of vascular dementiaDefinition of vascular dementia in:
- The British & World English dictionary