verb[with object] Biology & Anatomy
Provide (a tissue or structure) with vessels, especially blood vessels; make vascular: (as adjective vascularized) the endocrine glands are highly vascularized tissues
More example sentences
- More recently, vascularized bone graft from the distal radius has been shown to result in accelerated healing.
- Angiographically, it is a poorly vascularized lesion, deriving its blood supply from the hepatic arterial system.
- The skin of birds is composed of an epidermis and a well vascularized dermal layer.
- Example sentences
- Poor vascularization of the target area is one of the reasons that high-dose antibiotic therapy is needed to treat malignant otitis externa.
- Their prominent vascularization poses a risk of hemorrhage.
- More work is necessary to delineate whether this could be one of the driving forces for increased vascularization.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of vascularize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.