noun (plural vasculitides /-ˈlitiˌdēz/)Medicine
- Inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels.More example sentences
- Leigh died from a condition called vasculitis, an inflammation of the blood vessels.
- Amphetamines and MDA also will produce vasculitis when used chronically.
- Other side effects include hepatitis, vasculitis, and thrombocytopenia.
- More example sentences
- As in this case, asthma may appear to be relatively quiescent as the full-blown vasculitic disorder becomes clinically manifest.
- Immediate therapy can be dramatic in effect and prevent further vasculitic complications, permanent blindness, or death.
- This genetic disorder predisposes to chronic obstructive airway disease, chronic liver disease, and rarely to skin and vasculitic disorders.
More definitions of vasculitisDefinition of vasculitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary